Millwork Project Manager / Estimator
Commerical construction company that operates in custom millwork is looking for a person to seek out projects and gather information from clients to accurately quote projects. Manage several projects at the same time from beginning to end – Initiating Shop Drawings, Ordering Material, Scheduling as well as provide customer service to current and past clients.
Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Seek out new projects to bid. Either by taking incoming calls from contractors, meeting with contractors/home owners, or finding projects to quote on bidding websites. Commercial and residential.
- Must be able to multi-task by dealing with several customers at ne time as well as bidding new projects. Organization skills helps as well.
- Sense of urgency to perform in the position. Must be goal-oriented.
- Gather information from client or potential clients to accurately design and quote project.
- Have the ability to read blueprints.
- Ensure quote/bid meets business operating goals and profit margins by gathering quotes from suppliers and accurately estimating labor to perform project.
- Maintains necessary records of quotes to provide information for accurate product costing and reference. Includes using FunctionFox to track the progress of the project.
- Work closely with suppliers to verify purchased item specifications, quality, and quantity provided.
- Work with Drafter and Production team to make sure product is properly made to meet specifications.
- Understanding of door hardware and reading a door schedule for commercial projects.
- Prepare work orders before allowing projects to be manufactured.
- Assist with billing projects by keeping accurate records of any changes to the project.
- Make sure all projects are completed by due date and ensure the project is finished within customer expectation.
- Needed computer skills: Excel, Outlook (e-mail), Word, CRM system
Requirements: Candidates should have 3 - 5+ years of experience as a contractor installing windows and doors or working currently as a Estimator / Project Manager. Sales experience is beneficial. Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, possess good communication skills, have the ability to read blue prints, retain computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook), and knowledge of drafting would be helpful.