Project Manager - Civil Construction
Washington D.C., DC
Due to positive growth and expanded project opportunities within our Heavy Civil Division our partner company is aggressively seeking organized and driven Project Managers to oversee our on-site Roadway and Bridge construction teams. Our Project Managers are given the reigns of the project at its inception and provided the necessary tools to plan and complete their assigned projects within budget and on schedule.
- Must possess the ability to communicate in a detailed and professional manner with clients, subcontractors and co-workers.
- Responsible for the management of the entire project from start to finish including scheduling, purchasing, quality and safety.
- Must have a working understanding of all phases of heavy civil construction to include the ability to read and understand blueprints and specs for heavy civil projects.
- Plan, organize and manage materials, equipment, subordinates, and subcontractors to ensure the project is on schedule and within the established budget.
- Ability to participate in preconstruction services, including estimating and value analysis.
- Coordinate and execute all documents required to obtain necessary project permits and inspections.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Proactively recognize and manage potential claim/change orders/value engineering issues on projects and negotiate and prepare an accurate proposal that is cost effective and time efficient.
- Prepare and update a monthly schedule for all jobs, while tracking P & L and labor performance.
- Create a positive image for company by managing QA/QC initiatives on projects.
- Uphold & maintain all Safety policies and standards on all Projects.
- Review & finalize project costs & adjustments upon project completion.
- Bachelor's degree in building science, construction management, engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5-8 years’ experience in supervising heavy civil construction projects to include roadway, highway and bridge construction preferred.
- Experience in responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Understanding of scheduling, management, estimating software a plus (i.e., HCSS, MS Projects, Primavera P6, B2W, etc.).
- OSHA 10 certification; OSHA 30 certification a plus.
- Competitive Salary and Incentive Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Dental Insurance and Vision available
- Disability Insurance Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Travel / Vehicle/Phone Reimbursement