Superintendent - Heavy Construction
Washington D.C., DC
Our company is actively seeking highly driven Superintendents looking to grow with our Heavy Civil Division. We understand that we need the right plan, the right people, and the right culture to be successful. Our Superintendents are the commanders on the ground that ensure our company provides the exact outcomes that our clients know to be the standard in our industry. If you take pride in what you do and desire to take the lead on important projects, you are fit for what we are looking for.
- Supervise and lead all aspects of civil construction operations on assigned projects.
- Oversee and direct large field team and subcontractor work to ensure deadlines are met in accordance with the established schedule.
- Establish relationships and collaborate regularly and effectively with the project team, design partners, subcontractors and owner’s representative to prevent, mitigate and overcome any possible.
- Review and understand contractual documents, specifications, shop drawings and submittals.
- Monitor and assess productivity in the field to ensure that work is completed in a cost effective and professional manner.
- Assist in the training and evaluation of all field staff and new employees to guarantee the intent of the project team is clearly understood.
- Update, manage and communicate any changes to the project schedule.
- Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports.
- Communicate and enforce the companies Safety and Health Programs
- 5+ years of experience in Heavy Civil Construction (highway, bridge, utlilities, etc.)
- 3 years of supervisory experience a must.
- Experience supervising large-scale civil projects up to $50m.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Post-secondary or Vocational education preferred. High School Diploma/GED required.
- OSHA certification.
- Understanding of scheduling software and MS Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Competitive Salary and Incentive Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Dental Insurance and Vision available
- Disability Insurance Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Travel / Vehicle/Phone Reimbursement